Monday 7 November 2011

Orange, customer service and a lonely router...

A little over 2 months ago, I spent 2 hours in an Orange shop. 2 hours I will never get back. I signed up to their broadband and phone service, was given a router there and then and was informed I need do nothing else.

We waited.

And waited.

No communication from Orange, no shiny new landline no internet connection.

Fast forward 2 months to late last week, and it seems that Orange customer services practice telepathy. When I tweeted that I was having a problem with their call centre, the @orangehelpers stepped in on their white chargers. They didnt ask me what the problem was though.... and they didnt actually talk to me.... then, after I supplied the answers to their brief questions, they came back with a "we cant find your account" No? Correct. I could have told you that and saved us all a bit of time. It seems the store never actioned my order, but gave me the router anyway... (for a small fee)

I had originally called the call centre, and was told that as I had placed an order in store, the call centre couldnt help me. Neither could they supply me with a phone number for the store.
"Can't you look at the receipt?"
Well, yes love I could but why should I ransack my belongings for a receipt from 2 months ago... isnt this Orange reneging on the deal? Shouldn't they be doing the rummaging? Isn't 2 hours of my life enough? Is there literally nothing that customer services can do to complete this deal?

It seems not, it seems that the Orange stores are separate boats cast adrift from the mother ship. A and B don't talk to each other. Craziness. A highly inefficient business model if true but surely not, surely I have been at the rough end of lazy customer disservice...

So, does anyone have any ideas for what to do with the brand new router in my hands?

1 comment:

  1. Ebay it and start again assuming it hasn't cost you anything yet. We're with Virgin at the moment and I have to say they've been pretty good.

    ReplyDelete