Thursday 15 September 2011

It never rains but it pours

This week has been really really tough. I have been struggling with Tiddler as she has started arching at almost every position change. So, this makes putting her in her tumbleform (feeding chair), car seat, pushchair, etc etc very difficult. She has also started to sleep pretty badly, and yep you guessed it, she arches when you try and put her into her crib too. Now the last few days have taught me, through bitter experience, that she will relax but you have to distract/ tickle etc. This is quite hard to do on your own when dealing with a wriggling child!

I have had a bit of week healthwise too- had to have ultrasound on Monday to check that a cyst I had during pregnancy had gone- apparently it has- and yesterday I had to go to the Breast Clinic. I had noticed changes post-Tiddler's arrival and upon the 3rd GP visit I was referred. All very scary, they use the C word and you can't help but ponder the "what ifs". Although I had been reassured that a serious problem was highly unlikely it has still been a very difficult and stressful week. I have, apparently, got Periductal Mastitis. So there you go! I have to go back for an ultrasound- they are going to be on first name terms with us there (Tiddler has had 3 or 4 ultrasound scans herself!).

Childcare for things like hospital appointments is really tough without having family nearby. At the moment with the way Tiddler arches etc I wouldnt know whether a babysitter / nanny would even work with us?! Am I over-analysing and panicking again!?

I have been desperate for help with Tiddler. I have called everyone! Some have been helpful, but without a diagnosis or a label to quote it sometimes feels as though I am trying to prove entitlement. The Occupational Therapist has gone to ground again and so we are still awaiting a play seat.

However, its definitely not all bad. Tiddler has really come on with her sitting and I am hopeful that she may get there in a couple of weeks. That will make life a lot easier as at the moment I just can't leave her safely anywhere. Then I will just have to try to get her to sleep during the day... aghhhh the Holy Grail...

No comments:

Post a Comment